FULLY INTEGRATED DRILL & BLAST SERVICE
DRILL & BLAST
We have been specialists in production drilling and blasting since the 1980s. This industry experience underpins the quality of our work and our innovative solutions.
Our team has a proven track record in the successful delivery of projects varying in size and complexity, from large scale bulk iron ore and coal mining projects to mid-scale, quality-driven gold and lithium projects.
Our sensitive blasting capability has earned us a reputation as the go-to contractor for drill & blast in areas close to infrastructure and heritage sites.
PROGRESSIVE METHODOLOGY FOR SENSITIVE AREAS
We have developed a best practice methodology for drilling and blasting in sensitive areas. The method has proven highly successful and encompasses:
- Advanced 3D modelling and design of the areas
- Advanced vibration prediction algorithms to predict vibration for every individual hole based on its specific charge weight and distance from a sensitive receiver
- Detailed timing initiation plans including focus around vibration frequency control
- Utilisation of electronic detonators to allow one millisecond timing interval control and advanced single hole firing capability
- Development of site-specific vibration laws based on collected data and analysis of vibration PPV and waveforms
We have one of the largest blasthole drill fleets in Australia, supported by trained maintenance crews and a state-of-the-art workshop. Our drills are available for dry or wet hire, with full maintenance provided if required.
Our fit-for-purpose drills range from small diameter top hole hammer drill rigs to large diameter downhole hammer and rotary drills, capable of drilling holes from 64mm to 450mm, up to 80m depth.