Founded in 2010 by Jeff Branson, Steve Payne and Warren Fair, JSW was established as an exploration and resource definition drilling company. JSW began with a fleet of 10 drills acquired from the Ausdrill merger and opened an office located in Bibra Lake to support the existing small workshop and office facility in Kalgoorlie.
Over the last decade, JSW has grown exponentially across all aspects of the business, expanding service capabilities and setting the benchmark in drilling innovation.
- Evolved from mineral only drilling to water well and drill and blast
- Became one of only two drilling companies in Australia to gain Registered Training Organisation (RTO) status as an Enterprise RTO
- Awarded CCI Employer of the Year (WA Training Awards)
- Became WA Training Award finalists
Since our inception, we have delivered over 220 projects with more than 12,000,000 metres drilled across Western Australia, South Australia and Queensland. If all of this drilling was in one continuous hole, we could have drilled from one side of the earth, through the centre and out the other side.
- Developed the concept for the Reichdrill RD350 high capacity DHH bench crawler drill
- Developed a specialist small footprint high capacity Equus drill for forestry applications in the Perth foothills
- Creation of the BBURG HD2500RC with IDAT technology
In an ever-changing and challenging industry, this milestone highlights the strength and agility of our business and the passion and determination of our people who stand behind it.
We would like to extend a huge thank you to all who have been a part of the journey so far – it is the contribution of our clients and employees who have made our success possible.