JSW’s focus on implementing the highest safety standards in every project they undertake, has seen the company achieve an incredible five years without Lost Time Injuries (LTI), on 1 September 2019.
Mr Jeff Branson, JSW Chief Executive Officer, said this result is testament to JSW’s commitment to continuous improvement and investment in its people, training, policies, procedures, risk assessment and hazard identification tools.
“Great performance in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) is of paramount importance to JSW – and we see it as far more than our “license to operate”. Making sure that our people go home in as good as or better condition than when they came to work is essential. Mining is a people business. There is nothing more important than keeping our people safe ,” Mr Branson said.
“By prioritising and implementing best practice safety standards, we ensure a safe work environment for our staff to efficiently and safely deliver our projects.”
JSW continually prevents illness, injury and loss through:
- Bespoke training through JSW’s in house Registered Training Organization (RTO)
- Identifying, controlling and eliminating risks and hazards;
- Adopting safe work practices and standards;
- Ensuring a communication and consultation process is in place for all employees;
- Observing the requirements of all relevant legislation, approved guidance notes and codes of practice; and
- Promoting the continuous improvement of safety and health systems and the management of best practices in the workplace.